Is Your Heating System Getting Ready for a Repair?
Just when you think that your heating system is ready for a season of trouble-free use, a major breakdown leaves your family without a warm, cozy Conyers, GA home. In addition to having your heat pump or furnace serviced by a professional, it helps to understand the common warning signs that often precede breakdowns. That way, you can catch problems before they cause inconvenient outages.
Top Signs that Your Heating System Needs a Repair
- Unusual Noises: Listen for new or unusual noises. Rattling, clunking, clicking and shrieking are a few sounds that you don’t want to hear coming from your heater. Whether the problem is simple or serious, it’s better to have the system checked out sooner rather than later.
- Decreased Heating Output: If your heating system is blowing cold air, it’s time to schedule a repair. The unit’s heating capacity may have decreased gradually due to wear and tear or a lack of maintenance. Faulty electrical connections can create sudden problems with your heat pump’s auxiliary components.
- Faulty Operation: Mechanical problems sometimes cause heating equipment to cycle on and off or to run continuously. In some cases, you may hear a clicking sound as the unit tries to start, or you might notice that the blower works, but the outdoor unit isn’t running.
- Deferred Maintenance: The short-term savings of deferred maintenance will catch up to you eventually. If you haven’t had your HVAC equipment serviced in the past year, you’re more likely to experience costly repairs.
- Increasing Energy Bills: Heat pumps and furnaces are energy hogs. However, poorly maintained units cost even more. Your aging HVAC system could be the reason for your steadily increasing kilowatt consumption. If the unit isn’t running efficiently, a repair or tuneup could solve the problem.
Heating System Repairs in Conyers and Metro Atlanta
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs, a repair can help you avoid breakdowns and enjoy a more comfortable house this winter. To schedule a service call or to learn more about our heating repairs, call Zack Hammonds A/C Heating Refrigeration at (770) 661-0334.
You May Also Like
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Thermostat
Your HVAC thermostat is the boss of your heating and cooling system. If it has issues, the entire operation crumbles. The cost… Continue Reading Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Thermostat…
Air Purifiers Remove Harmful Particulate Matter
Are you worried about the purity of the indoor air in your Dacula, Georgia, home or office? According to the Environmental Protection… Continue Reading Air Purifiers Remove Harmful Particulate Matter…
Heat Pumps Provide Efficient Comfort Throughout the Year
Are you looking for an efficient way to keep your Atlanta, GA, home comfortable year-round? A new heat pump might be what… Continue Reading Heat Pumps Provide Efficient Comfort Throughout the Year…