Is Your Heating System Getting Ready for a Repair?
Just when you think that your heating system is ready for a season of trouble-free use, a major breakdown leaves your family without a warm, cozy Conyers, GA home. In addition to having your heat pump or furnace serviced by a professional, it helps to understand the common warning signs that often precede breakdowns. That way, you can catch problems before they cause inconvenient outages.
Top Signs that Your Heating System Needs a Repair
- Unusual Noises: Listen for new or unusual noises. Rattling, clunking, clicking and shrieking are a few sounds that you don’t want to hear coming from your heater. Whether the problem is simple or serious, it’s better to have the system checked out sooner rather than later.
- Decreased Heating Output: If your heating system is blowing cold air, it’s time to schedule a repair. The unit’s heating capacity may have decreased gradually due to wear and tear or a lack of maintenance. Faulty electrical connections can create sudden problems with your heat pump’s auxiliary components.
- Faulty Operation: Mechanical problems sometimes cause heating equipment to cycle on and off or to run continuously. In some cases, you may hear a clicking sound as the unit tries to start, or you might notice that the blower works, but the outdoor unit isn’t running.
- Deferred Maintenance: The short-term savings of deferred maintenance will catch up to you eventually. If you haven’t had your HVAC equipment serviced in the past year, you’re more likely to experience costly repairs.
- Increasing Energy Bills: Heat pumps and furnaces are energy hogs. However, poorly maintained units cost even more. Your aging HVAC system could be the reason for your steadily increasing kilowatt consumption. If the unit isn’t running efficiently, a repair or tuneup could solve the problem.
Heating System Repairs in Conyers and Metro Atlanta
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs, a repair can help you avoid breakdowns and enjoy a more comfortable house this winter. To schedule a service call or to learn more about our heating repairs, call Zack Hammonds A/C Heating Refrigeration at (770) 661-0334.
You May Also Like
If your air conditioner is having a rough go of it, don’t ignore the message. HVAC systems will almost always alert you… Continue Reading Has Your AC Been Struggling to Keep You Cool?…
Keeping things cool and comfortable inside your Georgia home or business can be a real challenge, especially on humid and steamy days… Continue Reading Have a Dehumidifier Ducted Directly Into Your HVAC…
Ductless HVAC systems offer energy-efficient, cost-effective heating and cooling. They’re small, flexible, and capable of zoned climate control. If you notice any… Continue Reading Does Your Ductless HVAC Equipment Need Repairs?…